JSC Rosspirtprom was set up in January 2009, following the governmental decree № 1014 (29 December 2007) 'detailing the privatisation of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise 'Rosspirtprom' (a Federal State-Owned Enterprise)' and order No.2681 made by the Federal Agency for State Property Management (26 December 2008) 'Regarding the establishment of the joint stock company 'Rosspirtprom''.
In accordance with current Russian Federation legal requirements, on 19 March 2018, the company was renamed as a joint stock company called 'Rosspirtprom'. A new version of JSC Rosspirtprom's corporate charter was also approved.
All of JSC Rosspirtprom's shares rest in federal ownership. All decisions on matters falling under the remit of the General Meeting of Shareholders are made by the Federal Agency for State Property Management.
Following the development strategy established in 2016, JSC Rosspirtprom is to focus its efforts on developing the alcohol sector and executing state contracts to implement services dealing with the exporting, storage, destroying and disposal of ethyl alcohol, alcoholic and spirituous products, items and key technological equipment. Furthermore, it is to implement services to export and store seized motor vehicles previously used for trafficking.
Today, JSC Rosspirtprom has at its disposal a modern complex providing a full production cycle, which consists of the eight following distilleries and two service companies also owned by them:
- 'Etalon' Ltd. (Tula Oblast)
- 'KurskProdukt' Ltd. (Kursk Oblast)
- 'Premium' Ltd. (Kabardino-Balkarian Republic)
- 'Prestige' Ltd. (The Republic of North Ossetia–Alania)
- JSC 'Yerofeyev' (Novosibirsk Oblast)
- 'Zernoprodukt' Ltd. (Tula Oblast)
- 'Absolut' Ltd. (Tula Oblast)
- 'DDD' Ltd. (The Republic of North Ossetia–Alania)
- 'Magistral' Ltd. (Quality Control Company)
- 'Rich' Ltd. (Corporate Headquarters)